I’m really excited to share with everyone that I’ve started an online community on Facebook called Mommy Strong Fitness. The premise behind the community is to join together like-minded women for support and encouragement on their journey to develop stronger bodies, stronger minds and strong relationships with their families.
Of course, the success of such a community relies on the members of that community to actively participate and share. I hope that you’ll join me on Facebook and help me encourage moms to get Mommy Strong for themselves and their families. And while you’re there, you’ll be uplifted and encouraged too! Sounds like a win-win in my book.
Inspired by the gals at Life is a Run, I’ve decided to publicly set some goals for each month . Putting my goals out here, where people can read them and then ask me if I’m following through, is going to provide me with the accountability I need to kick it in gear. (At least that’s the plan.)
April 2012 Goals
1. Lose 5 lbs. Strategy: Focus on clean eating! Reduce the processed crappy carb foods. Salads with lean protein or Shakeology for lunch during the workweek.
2. Kick butt at the half marathon on the 28th. Strategy: Commit to my scheduled training. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated in the week before the race.
3. Do yoga at least twice a week. Strategy: Go to the lunchtime class or use my DVD at home. Just do it!
4. Clean out the kids’ closets and dressers to remove clothes that no longer fit.
5. Do at least one family fun activity each weekend. (I know this might sound silly to some people. But for us, it is hard to cram all the must-do household stuff into two days and also do something focused purely on having fun as a family.)
6. Connect with my Beachbody team at least once a week for continued training and motivation to spread the Beachbody love. 🙂
Rest days for me involve more time with my family. During the week, I typically run right after work. Rest days mean I can take the kids for a bike ride instead!